--Back to Directory Search--
Keywords Searched: PATCH
Total Results: 3
PATCH is Hawaii’s statewide child care resource and referral agency. Child care resource and referral (CCR&R) agencies, like PATCH are located throughout the country. CCR&R services have evolved from grassroot efforts to help parents find child care, to well-developed systems that support parents, providers, and local communities in finding, planning for, and providing quality child care. At PATCH, our mission is to support and improve the quality and availability of care for the young people of Hawaii.
560 North Nimitz Highway, Suite 218
Honolulu, HI 96817
(800) 498-4145 - Moloka'i & Lana'i - Type: Resources/Referrals
808-734-2034 - Kahala - Type: Clinic
(808) 246-0622 - Kaua'i - Type: Resources/Referrals
808-839-1988 - Type: Main
(808) 246-0622 - East Hawaii - Type: Resources/Referrals
(808) 839-1988 - Oahu - Type: Resources/Referrals
808-791-2129 - Honolulu - Type: Classes
(808) 322-3500 - West Hawaii - Type: Resources/Referrals
(808) 242-9232 - Maui - Type: Resources/Referrals
(808) 961-3169 - East Hawaii - Type: Resources/Referrals
POD is a statewide early childhood development and care project funded by the State of Hawaii. POD helps 3- and 4-year-old children go to preschool by helping families pay preschool costs.
A reminder that the Preschool Open Doors (POD) program is accepting applications for the 2014-2015 POD school year. Families in need of preschool tuition assistance must submit their application by the April 30, 2014 deadline. People Attentive To Children (PATCH) operates the POD program on behalf of the State of Hawaii Department of Human Services (DHS).
POD provides child care subsidies to qualifying low- and moderate-income families so they may send their children to preschool. Priority is given to children with special needs or at-risk factors. Priority enrollment is determined by household size and monthly gross income. POD does not require parents/guardians to be employed, in school, or job training to qualify for assistance.
Families with children born between August 1, 2009 and July 31, 2010 may apply for the 2014-2015 POD year, which runs July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015.
Applications are available for download from the PATCH website: www.patchhawaii.org. To request an application by mail call (808) 791-2130 on Oahu, or Toll-Free from Neighbor Islands 1-800-746-5620.
560 North Nimitz Hwy, Suite 218
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808) 791-2130 - Honolulu - Type: Main
1-(800)-746-5620 - Neighbor Islands - Type: Toll-free
Quit Smoking Now!
Quitting cigarettes or any other form of tobacco can be hard, but it can be done. Don’t feel alone! The most effective way to quit for good is with individual or group coaching, along with stop smoking medications.
LET CASTLE HELP YOU, FREE OF CHARGE . . .
Castle Medical Center offers both free “talk story” group sessions and individualized coaching, along with medications that can include nicotine patches, gum, and lozenges. For those in our individualized coaching program, all services, including medications, are free, thanks to current grant funding from the Hawai‘i Community Foundation.
Coaching sessions are in-person at Castle’s Wellness and Lifestyle Medicine Center, with trained tobacco treatment specialists who can help you design your plan to quit and support you throughout the process.
Live Well…Tobacco Free!–“Talk Story” Sessions
This FREE ongoing talk story group is open to the public and is facilitated by an experienced Tobacco Treatment Specialist.
All are welcome:
- Ex-smokers maintaining their tobacco-free lifestyle
- Current smokers thinking about quitting
- Supporters of family and friends trying to quit tobacco
Each session first focuses on a specific topic presented by the facilitator, followed by supportive 'talk story' sharing by participants.
- Stress management
- Stop smoking medications
- Healthy lifestyle changes including exercise and nutrition
- Slip and relapse prevention
- Creating a quit plan
- Understanding tobacco dependency (physical, emotional and social)
- Recovery symptoms - what to expect when quitting tobacco
* Please note these sessions are subject to change or cancellation. Please call ahead to confirm.
Castle Medical Center (lower level, across hall from Auditorium)
DATES AND TIMES
1st and 3rd Sundays of every month, 2–3 p.m.
Individualized Tobacco Treatment Counseling
This intensive stop-smoking program is for individuals who want to quit smoking. A specially-trained tobacco treatment specialist (TTS) can help participants on a one-on-one basis.
This personalized approach is designed for those who prefer not to be in a group class. It includes behavioral, nutritional, and lifestyle methods with optional stop-smoking medications (nicotine patches, gum, and/or lozenges) upon doctor’s approval.
Create a personalized quit plan that includes:
- Learning effective coping skills
- Stress management
- Discussion and distribution of medications, if applicable
- Healthy lifestyle changes, with positive coaching and reinforcement
- Slip and relapse prevention.
Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Medical Plaza and Wellness Center
(building in front left of Castle Medical Center)
DATES AND TIMES
640 ‘Ulukahiki Street
Kailua, HI 96734
(808) 263-5050 - Kailua - Type: Program