CFS Domestic Violence Hotline (West Hawaii)
Domestic Abuse Shelters
The locations of our shelters are confidential. If you are in need of domestic abuse help, please call our Domestic Abuse Hotlines.
A Place of Refuge:
Domestic Abuse Shelters provide a safe haven for abused partners and their children. It is a time-out period for abused partners to learn about the dynamics of domestic violence, the cycle of abuse and how to develop a “safety plan”. It is also a time for learning about and making choices; discovering that they are not at fault for the abuse; building self-esteem and learning self-empowerment.
The shelters offer:
- Domestic violence crisis hotline
- Lodging and food
- Crisis counseling
- Individual counseling
- Educational workshops
- Support groups
- Information, referral & advocacy
- Children’s program
- Tutors for children who are unable to attend school
- Assistance with obtaining a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO)
- Assistance with obtaining housing and financial aid
Child & Family Serve accepts all victims of domestic violence and their children.
Yes, there are fees, however, no one is turned away due to lack of ability to pay.
The Shelter for Domestic Abuse Programs are funded by the Department of Human Services, through funds distributed by the Hawaii State Legislature and through private grants, donations and support from the general public.
- As a participant in a Child & Family Service program you have the following rights:
- The right to a humane service environment
- The right to services free from unlawful discrimination
- The right to be involved in your own service planning
- The right to confidentiality except when otherwise mandated by law
- The right to services which are least restrictive and most convenient
- The right to file a complaint if these rights are infringed
The shelters provide a safe haven for victims and their children to learn about domestic violence and ways to keep themselves safe in the future.
Hours: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
(808) 322-7233 - West Hawaii - Type: Hotline