CFS - Developing Options to Violence (East Hawaii)
1045A Kilauea Avenue
Hilo, HI 96720
Developing Options to Violence (DOV) offers a full spectrum of services to women, men, adolescents, and children in the intervention and prevention of domestic violence.
- Domestic violence interventions services for individuals who use physical, emotional, psychological and/ or sexual abuse in intimate relationships.
- Support groups for individuals who are experience emotional, psychological and/or sexual abuse in intimate relationships.
- Violence Control groups for individuals who have use violence towards other family members (parents, siblings)
To assist adolescents in understanding their behavior and how to make appropriate changes.
To help children who have witnessed domestic violence understand it and deal with their feelings about it. Parents are required to participate in support group while children receive services.
Priority is given to Judiciary family court referrals and other referrals are accepted, as space is available
Fees are based on contractual obligations and a sliding scale.
As a participant in a Child & Family Service program you have the following rights:
- The right to a humane service environment
- The right to services free from unlawful discrimination
- The right to be involved in your own service planning
- The right to confidentiality except when otherwise mandated by law
- The right to services which are least restrictive and most convenient
- The right to file a complaint if these rights are infringed
- Participants will increase awareness of domestic violence and its damaging affects on the family.
- Participants will learn skills to increase safety for self and others.
(808) 935-2188 - Hilo - Type: Main